Friday 24 August 2007

The Motorcycle Diaries (part 1)


My motorbike! Lucie and Kenny

Me setting off! The cool rider!


This week I have mostly been learning how to ride a motorcycle and oh what fun it has been!

Andy and Kenny at Motag (two of the most patient men I have been fortunate enough to meet!) have successfully turned me into a motorcyclist. It's just like driving a car really - same controls but in slightly different places - and you need to keep your balance a bit more!

Motorcycling really is fun as it involves a lot more tea breaks than I ever had learning to drive a car and many many jokes at other people's expense - namely mine, but I did give as good as I got! £5 fines each time I forgot to turn off my indicators also helped quicken the learning process. This certainly was accelerated learning at its best!

No comments: