Monday 3 September 2007

Ginger Appreciation Society



I attended my final farewell party at the weekend with my bestest friends in the whole wide world at a stunning holiday destination by the sea - my dad's house on the Isle of Wight! Luckily the sun shone all weekend and on Saturday we took the opportunity to visit the island's Extreme Water Sports festival at Sandown. Though most of us are not easily disappointed, we did consider whether 'Extreme' was the most appropriate adjective to describe what appeared to be little more than a glorified village fete! Good old Isle of Wight! However, we had an amazing time: Ruth proved to be most Extreme by having a go on the Climbing Wall, I became the unofficial champion of the well known Extreme sport - Bungee Running, Mads managed to get a picture of Chilli in yet another AMAZING HOLIDAY DESTINATION, the Red Arrows were out of this world and Sarah won a BIKE!



And as if that wasn't enough, my bestest friends in the whole wide world put on a surprise 'Ginger' party for me in the evening. We ate ginger food, wore 'Ginger Appreciation Society' badges and each friend donned a ginger wig in order to show their appreciation of ginger-ness and in doing so truely empathise with the suffering I have had to endure over the last 29 years (mosty subjected by them - my bestest friends in the whole wide world).


No comments: