Friday 7 September 2007

Arrival!

Anna has arrived in Cambodia. At last the Blog Title actually refers to reality!

Flying with Thai Airwarys proved seamless after a 1 hour delay at Heathrow. I even had the pleasure of sharing airspace with a Hollywood superstar - none other than Matt Dillon of 'There's something about Mary' and 'Wild Things' fame. OK, so the photo doesnt show his face but I did make eye contact with him at the VISA cheque!

I arrived in Phnom Pehn with about 10 other VSO volunteers I collected during the journey. We were met at the airport, given an itinerary of our training over the next 7 weeks and taken to the VSO Programme Office where I'll be staying until language training commences next week.

First impressions are positive: friendly people, good food, cold beer and hot weather. We'll see what second impressions are later...

No comments: