Thursday 8 October 2009

Counting Down...

So, there is about 4 weeks left until I finish my placement and leave Cambodia, 6 weeks until I arrive on British soil once more. I CAN'T WAIT!

It's a funny time as I really begin the count down. On the one hand I am really excited... and on the other I'm quite low. I've been busy winding things down, updating my CV, browsing jobs in the UK, buying gifts and souvenirs and generally getting ready to say goodbye, finish up and leave this significant part of my life behind. It's exciting to think of the next adventure waiting for me back at home, new opportunities and the next chapter of life.

But... it is also really emotionally draining; waiting, counting down, mentally and emotionally cutting ties, preparing to leave, downsizing my possessions again. It's also a time of reflecting over the past 2 years, recognizing achievements, seeing all the missed opportunities, passing things over.

1 comment:

MHJ said...

Hi Anna

Wow only 6 weeks to go! I'm still reading your blog...reliving the "old days" As you saw from my blog I am back in PP until tomorrow. Not a lot has changed since we left...! Yes - the central market is a little better - not sure why they have decided to go both grey and yellow though? style?! Ran out of paint?! work in progress?!!! who knows... We should try and meet in the UK once you are settled if we are anywhere near each other!!! "Good luck to you" for your last few weeks
Michelle