Saturday 4 July 2009

I'm not sure what happened to June!


I just blinked and before I knew it May had become July! What happened to June! This has happened a few times but I've usually managed to squeeze a blog entry or two into each month. Part of my problem is the fact that the modern technology I have had at my fingertips is collapsing around me!


  • Laptop (had a virus I was ignoring and has finally bitten the bullet and turned itself off. In effect it is now ignoring me and any attempts I go to to turn it back on again. I'll be taking it to be fixed in Phnom Penh next week and praying that some of the photographs of my last 2 years in Cambodia still remain on it)

  • VSO computer at my office (just died! and as the current education project is coming to an end there is little or no hope of it ever being resurrected in my life time here)

  • iPod (a very sore subject! My cleaning lady managed to wash it in soapy water as she didn't realise it was inhabiting the inside pocket of a bag I had specifically asked her NOT TO WASH! So all music loaded by my dear UK friends as a gift before I left has been lost. On the plus side, I think it can be reset and filled with music again - fingers crossed!)

  • Phone (OK, so it is approximately 7 years old, has had a new battery and cover but my faithful Nokia really is on its last legs. It dies at random times, even though the battery is not empty, and the sideways button has given up the ghost making it really difficult to correct texts messages or choose anything from the menu that isn't accessible using the up and down button! frustrating!)

  • All memory sticks are riddled with viruses!

Having nothing to watch DVDs on and no music to listen to has increased my book reading this week in particular and has also led to some very early nights!


But I don't want your pity! Oh no! I rather think that everything I own around me knows its nearly time to stop working in Cambodia and to return home to England. 4 months to go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna
I can't believe I am sat back in my old office reading your blog again...! Its like I have near been away! - Well almost. We are back in Phnom Penh from 8 October for 1.5 weeks ...i guess you might be about if you are flying home at around that time!
Michelle