Wednesday 23 January 2008

They Call it Puppy Love

Wednesday 15th January 2008



With practically almost everyone I know in the UK having babies, I got to feeling quite maternal recently. Luckily for me the dog downstairs gave birth to a 5-strong litter of puppies just before Christmas so my craving for some baby company has thankfully been quenched! I have adopted all 5 pups and literally rush home from work to see how much they have grown.


The family who own the mummy dog think it's very strange that I give so much of my attention to said dogs (although it goes against all health warnings regarding rabies!). They are also highly amused by the fact that I think the dog should be named and fed regularly and generally not kicked or used as target practice!

Since the birth I have been racking my brains to come up with suitable names for the cute little pups as they won't be cute - or alive perhaps - for long. The mortality rate of puppies here is very high and as soon as they are fully grown they become scavenging, howling, flea infested mutts! There are 4 bitches and 1 dog and although I know plenty of suitable names for the bitches (Carolyn, Sarah, Ruth, Madeline all spring to mind), I can't think of a suitable and fitting name for the dog. A friend suggested I name them after the members of The Corrs but I might try for something a little more 'Khmer'. Any suggestions will be welcome...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my shit! I cannot believe you did that. There I was, reading happily thinking aah, puppies then you go and land a low blow. Anna, I am deeply wounded. I don't mind you calling one Carolyn if you are referring to its kind, loving, somewhat amusing personality...

Anna said...

But of course that's exactly what I was referring to. I'm slightly offended that you could possibly consider otherwise my dear friend. The puppy that I have selected to bare your name is really very cute, particularly when she accidently sits in her own crap! Love you xx